My Motto

"Strive for your calling."

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Two Teams

Winston:

"Do you have the bean?" I heard a muffled voice ask as I began to reach consciousness. Before opening my eyes I could smell a fire coming from nearby. I opened my eyes hesitantly and found myself looking at my Julianna, my dearest friend who I had escaped from the Monastery with. What happened? I know we escaped but, I don't remember what happened afterwards...did somebody knock me out? I looked around and saw candles lit all around me, I was laying down on a makeshift bed that felt like it was composed of logs and we appeared to be in a cave. I went to sit up, but could barely move.

"Oh good you're awake!" Julianna exclaimed as she reached over to me and rubbed my face with a damp cloth. I tried to speak to her and my lips moved, but nothing came out. What's wrong with me? 

"What's wrong? Can't speak or move yet?" She asked, but I could tell she already knew the answer.

"I'll have you nursed back to help in no time...I bet you're wondering what happened, huh?" She smiled, walked out of sight for a few brief seconds, and returned with a hot cup of something that smelled delicious. That smell...what is it...I have smelled it before...coffee! The forbidden bean. As I realized what this amazing smell was, Julianna began to help me drink it. As the coffee slowly dripped down my throat I began to feel more energized. I felt the caffeine within me. I managed a smile.

"The moment I saw you out of your room at the Monastery I knew that Coco had found you too..." Coco...the mysterious girl in the market place that sold that coffee to me and introduced me to it right before everything else happened...the blood that was on the floor and my forehead...I still don't seem to remember what had happened. "I had heard rumors about you, ya know. While I was locked up I had overheard the Higher Ups talking about you, They kept saying that Ole' Winston was acting up, they were worried about you..." Ole' Winston? Higher Ups? Who the Masters of the Monastery? While she was locked up? Is that where she was? Why?

"Oh, I suppose you didn't know I was locked up...well that's a long story for when you are fully recovered." Julianna smiled at me as she answered the quizzical look in my eyes. She winked at me, "But, you should be recovered soon and then you can meet everyone else on our team. We are so glad we found you. We just need to find Oliver and Coco and we can make our next move." Move? What? Oliver? Team? I wondered again where I was and what was happening, but yet I knew I could trust Julianna. I always had.

************************************
Trevor:

I awoke to find myself strapped to a chair with two men in lab coats staring at me. Where's Stelle? I thought anxiously, but quickly noticed she was in the same predicament right next to me. 

"What do you know? Who are you? How'd you find us?" The taller man asked us.

"We discovered these mysterious doors on our college campus and they led us here...We don't know where we are or anything about this place..." I explained always truthful, I looked over to see Stelle glaring at me. What? Did she want me to lie to these strangers who held us captive...

"Doors? College campus? How? That doesn't make any sense...We aren't connected to any colleges. Are you lying?" The second, shorter, lab coat said. The two men exchange looks.

"This must be something that Director knows about." The taller one suggested and they both left the room without anymore comment. 

"What is happening right now?" I looked anxiously at Stelle.

"Way to tell them all we know! We could've used it as leverage to get more information out of them."

"Leverage? What? Stelle, we have been captured by who knows what and they can do who knows what to us and you want to leverage them?" 

"I don't know Trev it was an idea...better then nothing. What do we do?"

"Anything to get out of here I suppose..." As I was finishing my sentence a tall, stout, professional looking woman walked in. She was wearing a pantsuit and had her brown hair pulled back. This woman must be the Director.

"I hear you two have found the doors to get to our Monastery. I have gone through great lengths to keep those hidden, but clearly I was not good enough. Who sent you?" She addressed us directly. 

"No one, we found it ourselves." I answered truthfully again, "honestly, we just accidentally stumbled upon it." The Director looked us up and down. 

"Interesting...so you're new faces and know nothing about this place..." She said as if she was talking to herself more than us, "Well then I have a proposition for you two...one that may just save your lives."


I looked anxiously at Stelle who gave me a look back that seemed to suggest that whatever it was we were going to be offered, if it seemed to let us go free we should take it...

No comments:

Post a Comment